Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Subways, Trams and Metros.

In Gainesville, I have no problem navigating around the city on an RTS Bus. Put me on a U-Bahn, S-Bahn or Tram in Berlin and I'm lost. 

The mix of foreign language barriers and a lot of colorful lines on a Bahn map make for a pretty confused Lauren. Not to mention, the thought of getting lost, alone, in a foreign city in Germany completely terrifies me. So, I have always traveled in a group. 


Keeping this in mind, I'm proud to report that on my last day in Berlin I took an S-Bahn two stops away from Alexanderplatz all by myself. I asked three people to reassure my route-plan and I made it to the East Side Gallery, my favorite spot in Berlin, and enjoyed a walk up and down the Berlin Wall. 

I don't know if it is the history, the art, or the interesting groups of tourists that make it so enjoyable. Maybe it is the mixture of all of them together. 




No comments:

Post a Comment